Twitter Resource
List Assessment Worksheet
Name & Twitter Name: Fallin Ladd Blog Topic: ED 529 Emerging Technology in Education
|
#
|
Name of Feed
|
Description of
Twitter Account
|
Intended
Audience
|
Potential Use
|
How did you
find this feed?
|
Why did you
decide to add or not to add the account to your list?
|
|
1
|
Donna Murdoch(@donnamurdoch)
|
Education, Technology, and Life-Long Learning
|
Those interested in technology tools and
implementation in education.
|
I am able to find resourceful links about integrating
technology in the classroom.
|
I saw the author was a current doctoral student and
currently working as Associate Director in Higher Ed.
|
I decided to add this account because her tweets are
informative on current technology in education.
|
|
2
|
Danny Maas (@dannymaas)
|
Educational Technology Specialist
|
To assist teachers improve learning with technology
|
I am able to find educational links to assist with
technology.
|
I saw that he was currently a specialist in the field
of technology.
|
I decided to add this account because his tweets give
resourceful information for teachers.
|
|
3
|
T.H.E. Journal (@THE_Journal)
|
Transforming Education Through Technology
|
To inform educational leaders about the
transformations in technology.
|
This journal will tweet updated features used in
educational technology.
|
I have read articles from this journal and I was interested
in their tweets.
|
I decided to add this journal because the information
is related to technology growth in education.
|
|
4
|
Kelly Walsh (@EmergingEdTech)
|
Educational Technology Blogger; CIO at the College of
Westchester
|
To inform educational leaders about emerging
technology in the field of education.
|
Kelly tweets are related to the forthcoming technology
in education.
|
I read through her tweets about educational resources
for teachers.
|
I decided to add Kelly because her topic is related to
my blog topic.
|
|
5
|
Campus Technology(@Campus_Tech)
|
Higher education technology news and resources.
|
The account relates information about higher
educational technology.
|
Campus Technology allows graduate students to stay
abreast about modern technology in education.
|
I read through the tweets posted in this account and
the information was useful for me as a graduate student.
|
I decided to add Campus Technology because I am
currently enrolled in an Educational Technology course.
|
|
6
|
Mark Wagner, Ph. D. (@markwagner)
|
Ph. D. in Educational Technology, Professional
Developer, Entrepreneur, Writer, and Wine Maker
|
Those interested in educational technology and
developing resources
|
Mark has some potential educational resources but they
were not useful to me.
|
I found this account through twitter search of
educational technology.
|
I decided not to add Mark because I read most of his tweets and they
were not useful for this assignment to me.
|
|
7
|
Stephanie Sandifer (@ssandifer)
|
Online educator, technology coach, edublogger, and
author of Wikis for School Leaders.
|
Those interested in educational technology at the postsecondary
level.
|
Stephanie tweets are relevant to modern technological
devices and resources for college students.
|
I read a few of her tweets and they were related to
new features in technology.
|
I decided to add her account because she gives
information on educational blogs and wikis which are becoming very useful in
technology education.
|
|
8
|
Rhonda Roysden (@rroysden)
|
Instructional Technology Specialist
|
Teachers interested in the field of technology
education.
|
Rhonda tweets about resources that are available to
teachers currently in the classroom to integrate technology.
|
I researched a few resources that were tweeted on her
account and they were very resourceful.
|
I decided not to add this account because I feel it informal for the
class but Rhonda is a teacher at heart and relates to teachers currently in
the field.
|
|
9
|
EdTechTalk (@edtechtalk)
|
A collaborative community that discusses educational technology.
|
Those interested in educational technology.
|
EdTech Talk allows educators to view and talk about changes in
educational technology.
|
Twitter Search
|
I decided not to add this account to my list because it was informal
but I will use it for myself.
|
|
10
|
Jeff Utecht (@jutecht)
|
Technology & Learning Coordinator,International
School of Bangkok, Education, Technology, Consultant, Presenter, and Author
|
Those interested in the field of educational
technology
|
I am able to find useful links in the field of
technology education that are a possible aid to my class (ED 529).
|
I believe this is one of the sites
introduced/suggested by my professor.
|
I decided to add Jeff Utecht because he several tweets
that are related to my topic.
|
|
11
|
Office of Ed Tech (@OfficeofEdTech)
|
The Office of Educational Technology
|
Those interested in maximizing technology and its
contribution to improving education at all levels.
|
This account can be useful for educational technology policies,
guidelines, and improvements administered by the U.S. Dept. of Education.
|
Twitter Search
|
I decided to add this account to my list because it
will be useful in my research process and technology improvements within
education.
|
|
12
|
Diana Dell (@dianadell)
|
Educational technology consultant, learning games and
activities
|
Those interested in learning new educational
technology as it relates to interactive learning.
|
This account will assist in the development of
educational technology activities and games.
|
Twitter Search
|
I decided to add this account to my list because
majority of the resources and links are useful.
|
|
13
|
BETT (@BETT_show)
|
World’s Largest Educational Technology Exhibition
|
Those interested in current technology and its uses.
|
This account will allow teachers and educational
leaders to access and view international emerging technology
|
Twitter Search
|
I decided to add this account because it will assist
in the research and ideals for this course.
|
|
14
|
Educational Technology (Edteck1)
|
Educational Technology
|
Those interested in online resources and links.
|
This account provides links and resources in
educational technology.
|
Twitter Search
|
I decided not to add this link because it’s not informative for this
class/project but will use it in the future.
|
|
15
|
PBS Teachers(@pbsteachers)
|
Multimedia Resources and professional development
|
Educators for PreK-12 that are interested in
educational resources
|
This account provides information related to media
resources and teacher professional development.
|
I was referred to this account by a teacher who is in
the field of Library Media
|
I did not add this account to my list because it’s not related to my
research topic but I will use for educational purposes.
|
Thank you for posting your list!! I see we have a few of the same links. I like that you have more specialists and educators on you twitter list. I have a lot of organizations, and I feel for you having personal tweets from professionals in the work field is more appropriate and helpful to us as fellow educators trying to grow in our uses of technology.
ReplyDeleteIt is incredible how many Twitter accounts offer such professional advice and discuss current issues. I never realized how many people use Twitter professionally to inform followers of current Educational Technology trends. I am excited to read your upcoming blogs!
ReplyDelete